Azure Key Vault
Azure Key value is secure, cloud based storage solution for keys, secrets, and certificates.
Tokens, passwords, certificates, API Keys and other keys can be securely stored and access to them can be granually controlled using Azure Key Vault
Azure Key Vault solves the following problems
- Secrets Management
- Key Management
- Certificate Management
- Tenant: A tenant is an organization that wons and manages the specific instance of Microsoft Cloud Services
- Vault Owner: A vault owner can create a key vault and gain full control over it.
- Vault Consumer: A Vault consumer can perform actions on the assests inside the key vault when the vault owner grants access.
Lets create a Key Vault
Lets Generate Keys
Lets Generate Secrets
Refer Here for accessing key vault from .net
Refer Here for accessing the key vault from python.
To understand the examples, we need to explore Azure SDK
Lets install Azure SDK for Python
Azure SDK for python
- Ensure python3 is installed
- Create a virtual environment Refer Here
- Refer Here
- Ensure you have the required components installed Refer Here
- Login into azure using azure cli Refer Here
- Now try to configure authentication Refer Here
- For writing code that uses azure sdk, we would be using the azure sdk reference Refer Here