AWS Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- A Message Queue is a queue of messages exchanged b/w applications
- Messages are data objects inserted by sender applications waiting to be recieved by recieving applications. Message will be in the queue till the expiry time or message delivered to the recieving applications.
- There are many popular message queue applications like Rabbit MQ, Active MQ etc
- AWS SQS is a highly reliable, scalable and distributed message queuing service provided by Amazon.
- We need to create an SQS in AWS and then our applications need to send messages to SQS, SQS will store the message in transit as they travel from various applications or microservices
- AWS provides webservice API’s which can by used by any programming language supported by AWS SDK
- Lets create SQS
- Refer Here for the samples used in the classroom
Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- AWS SNS works on the push technology.
- AWS SNS is a managed notification service which works on push mechanism. The publisher raises request to send a message to the subscriber(s)
- To use this service, we need to create an AWS SNS topic which acts as an access point between the publisher and subscriber applications.
- The publisher asynchronously communicates with subscribers using SNS
- Lets create an SNS Topic
- Refer Here for the sample publisher used