Azure App Service
- Custom Domain Mapping
- Authentication and authorization using External providers
- Refer Here for the official docs
- In Azure App Service, if we want to deploy an application developed in a technology not natively supported by Azure App Service, we can use docker container based azure app services
- Here we can create a linux/windows based docker container and deploy the application Refer Here
Running background tasks in Azure App Serice
- Background task is a kind of application which doesnot have a web interface, this task will be executing a script or a program.
- Azure App Service supports WebJobs for this
- Refer Here for the official docs.
- In a conventional web application deployment, we have two options
- Deploying on Azure VM
- Deploying on Azure App Service
- In the both cases, the underlying infrastructure should be running all the time and we pay hourly for the infrastructure used
- Even if the application is accessed for few hours in a day, we need to pay for 24 hours in a day, We will try to overcome this by learning serverless technologies (Azure Functions)