This a managed datawarehouse solution offered by AWS.
Datawarehouses are consumers of data. They are known for
- Online analytical process (OLAP)
Data into datawarehouse can come from
- internally developed systems
- third party data syndicators and more
Benifits of REDSHIFT
- Decent Compressions
- Managed Service
Creating a Redshift cluster
Amazon Dynamo DB
- This a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast & predictable performance.
- NOSQL is a term used to describe high performance nonrelational databases.
- Amazon Dynamo DB supports both document and key-value data structures
- This is a fully managed cloud NoSQL database service. Here we simply create a database table, set your throughtput and let the service handle the rest
- When creating table we specify how much request capacity is required for the application and if these change simple updata tables request capacity.
- Common usecases of DynamoDB
- Used in advertising for capturing browser cookie state
- Used in mobile applications for storing application data and session state
- Used in Gaming applications for storing user preferences and for storing players game state
- Voting applications in reality TV Contents