- Refer Here for the official docs.
- Cloud-init is the industry standard for executing a script on linux vms during first boot.
- Refer Here for cloud config examples
- Cloud-init config file is a yaml file
#cloud-config packages_update: true packages: - apache2 - openjdk-8-jdk - tomcat8
- Create an ubuntu 18 instance and in the advanced tab enter the above mentioned config file
- Create an instance and verify if the above mentioned packages are installed or not
- Refer Here for official documenation on cloud-init support in azure
- Exercise: Try to findout if we can use cloud-init on Windows instance in Azure
Azure VM Extensions
Create one linux vm with the following steps to be changed in Advanced tab
We can run extensions on Windows Instances also