Virtual Behavior of Public Cloud Platforms
- In any cloud platform (AWS/Azure/GoogleCloud), the physical layer is owned by Cloud Services Provider (Amazon/Microsoft/Google), Users will have ownership on Virtual Infrastructure (Virtual Machines, Virtual Storage, Virtual Network)
- Any thing which Cloud offers
- Eg: Azure offers
- Azure VM for virtual machines
- Azure SQL for Databases
- Azure Vnet for Virtual Networks
- AKS for K8s
- Anything you create by using Cloud Services is called as resource
- Dev VM created using Azure VM
- Prod SQL Server created using Azure SQL
- Cloud Services Provider:
- Organization which offers cloud Services
- Cloud Services Consumer
- Organization/Individual who uses Cloud Services Offered
Applications on Cloud
- Lets assume you are running your food delivery app on Azure
- But Swiggy internally will need servers to work.
- As we have understood from above statements, we create virtual servers and will have virtual network.
- So how to enable communication b/w servers that run swiggy (intranet) operations
- So how will users from internet access your application (internet)
- To understand network communications in Azure we need to understand Azure Virtual Networks.
Prerequisites for Azure Virtual Networks
- Basic Networking
- Networks & Subnets
- Public & Private Networks
- Subnetting using CIDR
- Novice Skills:
- Load Balancing
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Azure free trail account Refer Here
- Whats free?
- User can interact with Azure
- Using Web Platform => Portal Refer Here
- Using Terminal
- Azure CLI
- Azure Powershell
- Using SDK
- Python SDK
- .net SDK
- java SDK
- Whats to be understood in azure virtual networking
- Understand how an internet connection at your home is working?
- Try decimal to binary conversions Refer Here
- What is Networking?
- What are virtual networks?
- What is ip address?
- What is subnet ?
- What is subnet mask?
- Understanding router, default gateways & Switches
- Creating a virtual network on paper with restrictions?