Customer: I have an application which should be running on the cloud. The application is very specific and not used all the time (approximately used 4 hours (average) in a day). I want to know the hosting options in aws
Customer problem statement: I want to be billed/charged only when my application is used by customers
This is where Serverless will be handy.
Serverless technology internally will provision servers when the code (written as functions) is called.
This technology will help you to be charged/billed only when your code is being called.
In AWS, Serverless can be used in a Service called as AWS Lambda
Different Languages where AWS Lambda can be written
- You pay only for the compute time you consume
- Code is executed only when need and scales automatically
- No standards (Portability is difficult)
- Infrequently used appications on web
- backend jobs
- Auto-scaling APIs
- Event Streaming
- Image and Video Processing
- Multi language applications
- Function: function is a code that processes events which can be be invoked.
- Runtime: Runtime allowes functions in different languages to run in the execution environment.
- Event: An event is a Json formatted document that contains data for function to be processed
- Trigger: A trigger is a configuration or a resource which invokes lambda function
- Boto3 is aws sdk for python Refer Here