- Basic Scenario of Infra Provisioning:
- Jane & Team: Development
- Ramana & Team: QA (Manual or Automated)
- Steve & Team: DevOps
- HMS (Hospital Management System)
- Insurance (Insurance Application)
Situations for Steve
Multi Cloud Support for Hospital Management System (HMS)
HMS Built by Asquarezone was designed tp work on various virtual environments
- Google Compute
Now QA team wants HMS Test Environments in all of the above
Now Steve can use various scripts using the
- ARM Templates for Azure
- Cloudformation for AWS
- VMWare SDK/CLI
Steve has chosen to use Terraform
Asquarezone Sales Team of Insurance Project Needs demo setups when visiting to customers
- Asquarezone has a sales team lead by robert to sell insurance application.
- Before they go to the customer, they need a demo environment to be created.
- Steve has many options like
- Use Cloudformation
- Write Shell Script
- Use Terraform
- What is best for Steve to choose?
- Self-Service Clusters
- Disposable Environments
- Any Virtual Infrastructure
- Software Defined Networking
- Virtual Disks
- Managing Schedulers/Orchestrators
Added Advanatages to Steve’s Team
- If Steve can manage deploying applications /infrastructure without downtime.
- How is steve going to do that? Steve needs to know about
- Blue-Green Deployment
- Canary Deployments
- Steve also needs to implement Immutable Infrastructure to have strict versioning and predicatable results.