How AWS WORKS
- User can access AWS using Console or CLI.
- The request from user travels through internet and reaches routers maintained by Amazon to enter into amazon network.
- The Silicon helps is networking hardware with in amazon.
- API will send a request to create a workload which will be sent to compute and storage server as per the request
What are the things to consider While Create a VM
- AWS has a Service for Creating Virtual Machine which EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud).
- Each VM is often referred as an ec2 instance.
- Which Operating System?
- What is Size of EC2 instance (CPU, RAM)
- How much storage do you need
- Which ports of your instance are open for communication and what are closed
- Do you want to run any script immedietly after EC2 instance is created
- What will be the Credentials (For logging in )(Usernames are already fixed in Amazon)
- Where do you want your ec2 instance (Region + AZ)
- Charges for EC2 instances only when they are running
- Storage Charge is calculated separately which will be on when your ec2 instance is running or stopped
- To Create a Virtual Machine from Physical Servers we use Hypervisors, Amazon also has their propietary Hypervisor which supports Virtualization
- There are two kinds of Virtualizations
- Paravirtual (PV)
- Hardware Virtual Machine (hvm)