- Packaging is converting the code into the format deployable.
- Not all languages required code to be compiled
- Some Languages expect the code to be compile before packaging. Examples are C, C++, Java, C# etc
- Static-Code Analysis:
- For the code that is written, the Static Code Analysis tools tell the best practices.
- Examples: Sonar Qube, FxCop (MSAA)
- Unit-Testing helps in adding tests at the unit level.
- Examples: Junit, Mstest, Jasmine etc..
Workflow for Compilation and Packaging
- Compile the Code
- Run Unit-Tests
- Run Static-Code Analysis
- Create a Package
- Deploy the Package into Test Environments for Testing
- Once Testing Approves it Deploy to UAT/Pre-Production/Staging
- Deploy to Production
- As shown in the class.
Important Points to be clear
- Ensure you have commandline for all the steps from compiling the application to creating a package.
- Ensure you have identified
- Tool used for Compiling the code
- Tool used for Executing Unit Tests
- Tool Used for Static Code Analysis
- Tool used for creating Package