Azure Managed Disk
- Disks are managed by Azure
- They are highly scalable
- Disk Performance Tiers:
- Standard SSD Refer Here HDD Refer Here
- Premium Refer Here
- Ultra Refer Here
- Experiment: Create a VM with Managed Disk and one Data Disk of size 1 GB
As of now our vm is attached to
- OS Disk
- Data Disk
- Temp Disk
In the case of linux Os Disks and Temp Disk are already mounted, as a user you are supposed to mount Data Disks Refer Here For Linux Mount. Refer Here for Windows
Disks attached to the Virtual Machines cannot be resized when the vm is running.
- Disks can be reserved long term in azure and you can save the costs of the disk.
- This requires the disks to be of size atleast P30 and reservation for one year
- Along with reservation you have to select scope
- Resoruce Group
- Save the disk costs. For Azure Reservations Refer Here
- Full backups of the disk can be created with snapshots.