Azure Managed Disk
- Disks are managed by Azure
- They are highly scalable
- Disk Performance Tiers:
- Experiment: Create a VM with Managed Disk and one Data Disk of size 1 GB
As of now our vm is attached to
- OS Disk
- Data Disk
- Temp Disk
Disks attached to the Virtual Machines cannot be resized when the vm is running.
- Disks can be reserved long term in azure and you can save the costs of the disk.
- This requires the disks to be of size atleast P30 and reservation for one year
- Along with reservation you have to select scope
- Resoruce Group
- Save the disk costs. For Azure Reservations Refer Here
- Full backups of the disk can be created with snapshots.