Creating Infrastructure for the application.
Sample Application Architecture
To realize architecture like the one above, a difficult manual work has to be performed.
If there is a tool which can help in creating architectures like above, it would be better. To this tool you need to describe your architecture.
The other challenge is where to create this architecture. Because each virtualization env has different tools
- AWS => Cloud Formation
- AZURE => ARM Templates
- Google => Template (Deployment Manager)
- VMWare => VMWare SDK
Advantage of Packer/Terraform is they work on almost all the virtualization platforms
- Every Virtualization Platform needs an Image to Create Virtual Machine
- Packer can help in the creation of VM Images in any Virtualization Platform
- Packer Workflow
- Create a JSON file with your image information and the softwares required
- Execute Packer to create image in any Virtualization Platform
- Terraform creates Infrastructures like VMs, network, disks
- Using terraform you can call shell script/ansible/chef/powershell
- Terraform creates infrastructure for the applications in any Virtualization Platform
- Terraform Workflow
- Create a Terraform file (DSL) with your infra needs
- Execute Terraform to create infra
- Azure Free Trail Account
- AWS Free Tier Account