- Set of Steps to be scheduled multiple times.
- Internally every project stored as XML file.
- This file gets stored in Jenkins-Home directory
- Build :
- Project when executed is generally considered to be build.
- Each build for a project will have unique running number.
- All the other server which are added to Jenkins Master are nodes.
- JENKINS HOME:
- All the information about jenkins is stored in this directory
- The default path is ~/.jenkins
- In specific linux installations path can be different.
- To know about Jenkins Home, Jenkins uses an environment Variable called JENKINS_HOME
Simulating any Jenkins Job Execution
- Login into the Jenkins master
- Become Root user
sudo apt-get update
- Create a simple Free Style Jenkins Project to display environmental variables, Username and list the contents of home directory