- This is the script that gets executed once when the machine is created.
- UserData can be passed using Console or CLI
- UserData in linux systems need shebang
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install stress -y
- This user data is referred in other clouds as cloud-init
Burstable Instance Types
- AWS instance type t-Series is burstable.
- CPU Credits will be given to machines when they are under utilized.
- Refer Here
- Reusable Template for EC2 instance Creation with default values selected
- Saves time as you need not select options.
- This is DNS as a service
- Here we can add A-Records & C-Records to map domain name to loadbalancers or application gateways or ec2 machines.
HTTPS in AWS Loadbalancers
- Create an auto scaling group with any image (lamp)
- configure a load balancer
- Create a Route 53 hosted zone for the domain
- Create a Record Set with A-Record to point to Load Balancer
- Ensure your Domain Register is using the nameservers in Route53 Record Set.
- Create a ec2 machine with your ami
- Change the size of ec2 machine
- Delete the ec2 machine