Azure Active Directory
- Can be applied at
- Resource Group
- Resource Level
- Roles are
- Built in
- Popular Roles are
- Global Administrator
- Co Owner
- Roles assigned are inherited from parents to children
- Roles assigned at Resource Groups are inherited to Resources
- Roles assigned at Subscription level are inherited to Resource Groups and further to Resources.
- User can add the new role assignments at Resource Group/Resource Level to change from inherited assignments
- For further Reading, Refer Here
- Create a Group with any name
- Create two users and add them to the group
- Navigate to any Resource Group and Give the Role assignment of Reader
- Create some resources in Resource Group and check the default Role assignment for the group.
- Add a contributor Role Assignment to One Resource.
- Also test by giving Reader access at subscription level.