Azure VM Types, Sizes and Generations
- Azure VMS are categorize into series. Each Series is a different hardware specification
- Series are combined to Form a type
- Available types
- General Purpose
- Computed Optimized
- Memory Optimized
- Storage Optimized
- GPU Optimized
- High Performance Compute
- Naming Conventions of VM Size "<Alphabet: Series><number: size> <s: premium disk support><V<int>:Generation>"
Azure VM Image Creation
Important things to understand
- While creating a VM, we provide username & password.
- We create image from running vm.
- We remove user info
- deallocate vm
- Then create vm Image.
- In Azure, if you would to create VM Image, Azure VM becomes unusable.
- Azure Recommends Automation using packer
How to create VM Image
Create a Linux VM Image Exercise
- Create a ubuntu 18 VM
- ssh into the machine and execute the following commands
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install apache2 -y
- Now Take a vm image and using vm image create a new vm and check if apache is present or not.