- Network break into multiple subnets
- Dividing Larger network into multiple smaller network is subnetting
- Subnets network id will contain network’s network id
Network: 192.168.0.0/16 => 192.168 (Nid) => 2^16-2 Possible Subnet : 192.168.0.0/24 => 192.168.0 (Nid) => 2^8-2 Possible Subnet: 192.168.0.0/16 => 192.168(Nid) Impossible Subnet: 192.168.0.0/8 => 192 Impossible Subnet : 22.214.171.124/24 =>
Design a network with 200 devices per subnet (private network)
2 power x ~= 200 what can be value of x x = 8
- Here x stands for host sizes.
- But when we write cidr we need to consider nid size
host id size = 8 network id size = 32 -8 = 24
- when you design subnets your cidr range will be x.y.z.0/24 and network can be x.y.0.0/16
- If we consider private cidr range as 10.10.0.0/16
G-1 => 10.10.0.0/24 G-2 => 10.10.1.0/24 .. .. 404 => 10.10.19.0/24
Design private network for the below image
How to enable communications between two networks?
ipconfig ip 192.168.0.11 sm 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.1
- There is a device called as router, which can send packets from one network to another
- At our homes we are able to google.
tracert google.com traceroute google.com (linux or mac)
- Router forwards packet from one network to another
- Router has something called at route table.
- This route table will consist of all different networks to which packets can be forwarded.
- Network Address Translation is responsible for internet access to private networks