Understanding Free tier Account
- AWS Free tier Account offers Refer Here
- some services for free over the period of 12 months
- Trail versions
- Some Service free for the life time
Configuring API Credentials and AWS Idenity And Access Management
- The user with which you have created AWS Free trail (AWS Account) is called as root account
- For enabling programmatic access it is not recommended to use root account
- We should be creating another user for programmatic access which are referred as IAM Users.
- For Programmatic access to AWS, the crdentials of user is composed of two distinct parts
- Access Key Id
- Secret Access Key
- Each user may have up to two Active Access keys at any time.
- These access keys are long-term credentials and remain valid till you revoke them
- Create an IAM User: Refer Here for image demonstration
- Exercise: Create an IAM User with Adminstrator access and preserve access key and secret key.
- These Access Keys will be used by code or AWS CLI to access AWS Account to create/modify/delete resources
Scenario: Classic Three Tier Applications
- Consider the following simple three tier application
- Consider the following image for technical stack
- To deploy the above mentioned architecture in AWS what are the possible options.
- Before we get into AWS Options, lets try to understand Cloud Service Models
- There are three types of cloud service models
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Software as a Service
- Now in this architecture we have
- Application running on python django
- postgres database