Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
- Microsoft Azure Site Recovery is the only public cloud solution that offers native DR (Disaster Recovery) for the applications running on Cloud
- ASR is very simple to deploy and easy to manage.
- ASR Features that contribute to application level protection and recovery strategy include the following
- Near-synchronous replication with RPO as low as 30 seconds to meet the needs of most critical application
- Integration with SQL Server Always On and partnership with other application level replication techonologies include Active Directory Replication, SQL Server Always On, Oracle Data Gaurd.
- A rich automation library that provides production-ready, application-specific scripts that can be downloaded and integrated with Site-Recovery
- Major Componets of ASR Process
- Supported Scenarios:
- Azure-Azure ASR
- On-premises Physical infrastructure or VM Infrastructure to Azure ASR
- Hyper V infrastructure To ASR
Azure to Azure ASR
- Create a Recovery Services Vault