- Monitoring Configuration for a Virtual Machine:
- Performance Metrics – CPU, Memory and Disk Usage
- Guest OS Diagnostic data
- Lab Setup:
- Create a Windows VM and Linux VM
- CPU Monitoring is available through the basic metrics of VM without any additional configuration
- To get the memory usage details, VM Settings => Monitoring => Insights
- Once the insights are enabled we can monitor Memory usage & related metrics
- We can also collect the memory usage metrics by enabling the guest OS diagnostics.
- Metrics published by resource type Refer Here
Network Security Group
- For monitoring NSG flow, Azure Network Watcher should be enabled for the region.
- Search for Network Watcher from all services in the Azure portal
- From Network Watcher => Logs => NSG flow logs,
- Now navigate to Network Watcher => Logs => Traffic Analytics
- The connection watcher service of network watcher enables connectivity monitoring from virtual machine to another VM, FQDN, URI, or IPAddress