Scenario: Typical Applications on Azure
- Create a Resource Group
- Create a Storage Account
- Create a Linux (Ubuntu) VM in Azure
- Create a Windows (Server 2016) VM in Azure
- Create an Azure SQL Database
When applications are hosted on Azure, we might have different resources like VMs, Databases, App Servers etc.
As an Azure Admin, we need to ensure that the applications hosted are running and in case of any errors we need to perform troubleshooting and take corrective actions.
What can be done to ensure that the applications are running correctly? We need to monitor Azure resources and Collect logs for analysis.
Navigate to Linux VM Created and in the overview section navigate to monitoring
Diagnostic logs of the windows and Linux VMs are getting stored in the storage account
We need to explore the options of
Exercise: Explore the monitoring and logs for VMs and Database created by you
Azure Monitoring Platform
- Microsoft Azure provides a comprehensive monitoring platform and solution to monitor all infrastructure and platform resources.
- It helps by collecting analysing, monitoring and reporting all logs and telemetry from various resources.
- Refer Here for the official Azure Monitoring documentation