AWS Launch Configuration
Launch configuration is an instance configuration template that auto scaling group uses to launch ec2 instances
Lets create a launch configuration with lamp stack to create ec2 instance with size t2.micro and security group which opens 80 port to all
Now lets create an auto scaling group
- Lets choose a minimum of 1 ec2 instance and max of 5 ec2 instances
- Lets increase the ec2 instances when cpu utilization greater than 80 % for last 5 minutes
- Lets decrease the ec2 instances when cpu utilization less than 50 % for last 5 minutes
- To Create artificial stress on CPU we execute the following command in the ec2 instance
stress --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 2 --vm-bytes 128M --timeout 20m -v
- Now if we stop the stress command it will not stress CPU the desired state of the autoscaling will drop back to normal (1)
Now go ahead and create a Launch configuration for the apache (lamp) image
- Lets create a launch template for spring pet clinic
- Launch templates can be used to create ec2 instances and also can be used in autoscaling group
- Refer Here to create an IAM User
- AWS CLI gives us command line connectivity to AWS
- AWS CLI commands take the following syntax
aws service <action> [--parameter1 value1 ... --parametern valuen]
- To find AWS cli commands, the easier approach is
- The Whole CLI reference for all the services are listed Refer Here
- At this moment we can configure our application running inside the ec2 instance to automatically scale.
- When we have multiple ec2 instances running the same application, we need to configure the load balancer.
- How to load balance the ec2 instances in Auto Scaling group?