AWS Lambda Serverless
- AWS Charges for Lambda only for the time that our code is executing, down to a 100 ms precision.
- Lets understand ec2 instance billing
- this instane is charged for every hour (minimum unit)
- The cost of the ec2 changes
- per region
- image used to create ec2 instance
- There is an addition cost for disk storage (EBS)
- Lets create an estimate of ec2 instance for one month
- Now what if the application i.e. running on this server is used only for 30 hours
- Now lets create a billing estimate for the aws lambda for 30 hours in a month
- Free tier of AWS Lambda
Create a hello-world lambda function
- Navigate to aws console and select AWS Lambda
Understanding software architectures
- The evolution of compute has opened new possibilities regarding how we structure and architect our applications
- Major Software Architectures used in the enterprise are as follows
- Nano Services
- In earlier days we used to create software that was single-tiered. The frontend and backend code was combinted and often database was also running on the same machine.
- When the demand has high, it was necessary to scale the entire application and not just the parts that were being used the most.
- N-tier – achieve individual scale
- With the introduction of vm’s also came SDN, this gave us flexibility in how we can build, configure and scale our applications in a network
- This has given an option to run different tiers on different workloads.