High Availability Using Availability Zone
- In some Azure Regions Zones are supported. Zones are located inside the Azure region and each zone has its own powersource, networking.
- Now we can take advantage of zone to make our applications highly available by deploying vms across zones
- Lets create vms in different zones
Virtual Machine Vertical Scaling
- Vertical Scaling is supported in Azure VM, where you are allowed to change instance size.
- Changing the size will restart the vm, so there will be some downtime.
Azure Virtual Machine Scale sets
- For our application workloads we need to support the ability top dynamically add or remove instances to handle increased or decreased demands. Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) is a solution offered by microsoft for handling this.
- By VMSS Supports upto 100 instances. It is possible to create a scaleset upto 1000 instances if they are deployed with property singlePlacementGroup set to false.
- Lets create a vmss