Important Terms in Azure Cloud
- Service: Anything which microsoft is offering
- Examples: Azure VM, Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos db, Azure Storage Account
- Resource: Anything which we create and generally resources belong to a region.
- Example 1: VM created using Service Azure VM
- Example 2: Database created using Azure SQL
- Resource Group: Resources created in Microsoft Azure should always belong to a group.
- Account: An account is created in azure
- What will be free?
Activities To be done
- Azure Virtual Machines are created from Physical servers maintained by Azure.
- Azure Virtual Machines are created on Physical Servers which are shared with other users (multi-tenancy)
- In the Virtual Machine ownership of the user starts from Operating System
- This approach is also referred as Infrastructure as a service(IAAS)
- Lets Try to Understand what else we need for creating VM
- Operating System
- Azure provides instance size which helps you selecting
- Number of Disks
- We need to Select Operating System by using VM Image
- Lets Create a free Windows Virtual Machine
- Lets Create a free Linux Virtual Machine
- Note: For connecting to Virtual Machines & To Execute shell/powershell i would be using windows terminal. Refer Here