Azure Hybrid Identities
Azure AD Connect
- Azure AD Connect (AAD Connect) is a microsoft tool for integrating on-premises active directories with Azure AD to implement Hybrid Identity in the Microsoft Cloud.
- Installing AAD Connect Refer Here
- Create a Global administrator for Azure AD
- Ensure you have one user in Active Directory with Administrative Permissions
- Install AAD Connect and enter Azure Global Adminstrator’s Credentials and then the On-Premise Admin User credential along with express settings option in AAD Connect
User Sign-in To Azure AD Options
- Password Hash Syncronization:
- This option allows users to sigin in to Azure AD using the same username & password that they use on-premise.
- Pass-Through Authentication:
- This option enables Azure AD to authenticate users using your on-premise Active Directory
- Federation With AD FS
- This option allows user to sign-in with AD FS as a federated Identity Provider
- Federation with Ping Federate
- Refer Here for PingFederate
- This option allows users to sign-in with PingFederate.
After using Azure AD Connect
- After configuring Synchronization with Azure AD
- Custom RBAC
- Azure Policy
- Azure Management Groups