Azure Application Gateway
- This is loadbalancer for web (http) based traffic. This allows path based routing.
- Create a vm with gameoflife app in it.
- Create a vm with lamp app in it
- Create an application gateway
- Exercise: Create an application gateway with routes
- Note: Refer Here to view path based routing tutorial.
Azure Traffic Manager
- Refer the below architecture
- Azure load balancer is limited to provide hight availability and scalability to Azure VMS in a single region, If your deployment is multi region, then we would have load balancer which can distribute loads only to one region.
- Azure has a component Azure Traffic Manager, Which can be used to distribute traffic spread across Azure Regions
- Azure Traffic Manager can be configured for
- Performance => When client hits the url traffic manager will forward to the region with lowest latency to the user
- Weighted and Priority