Choosing Credential Options
- Azure Recommends using DefaultAzureCredentials, which reads the credentials from Environment variables.
- As per your app needs other Credentials can be used. Refer Here for ClientSecretCredentials.
- Azure Functions are charged per second only when the code is running, unlike azure app service where you are charged hourly when the app service plan is running (even if there are no code executions)
- Azure Functions falls under the category of Serverless offerings from Microsoft.
- Triggers are what cause Azure functions to run.
- Lets create an Azure function: Navigate to All Services => Azure Function App
- Exercise: Configure Azure Functions local dev setup Refer Here
- Next Steps:
- Setting up the local dev environment for Azure Functions
- Azure function plans
- Understanding Triggers & Bindings
- Understanding Azure functions & Azure Durable Functions
- What is Serverless?