Azure Global Infrastructure
Is the geographical location where infrastructure (data center) is hosted
In Azure there are two kinds of Regions
- Region: One place/site is choosen in the location and datacenters are built there
- Region With Zones: In each region more than one location called as zone is choosen.
In every country where azure has presence, it will have more than one Region.
Azure Backbone Network
- Microsoft has built a backbone which connects all the regions and Edge locations.
- For Full Info Refer Here
- Is a smaller datacenter with two important objectives
- Enable Connectivity to Customers to connect to the back bone network
- Point of Presence for Streaming/Content Delivery Networks